Saturday, November 22, 2008
Moving up, but not moving on
Ryan called me yesterday and asked me if I had checked my e-mail. I said "no. Did you send me something?" He says "yes", and I hang up to go check my email. As I was checking I wondered why he did not just tell me what it was instead of emailing me. (we do not usually communicate through email). Well it took awhile for me to get the message and when I finally read it I was on the phone with him anyway. The email was from the main Office of the University Student apartments, where we live. We had finally decided about 2 weeks ago to get on the waiting list for a three bedroom apartment. Right now we live in a two bedroom and with three kids it is a little tight. The email said that we had already been assigned an apartment. We can start moving in on Monday and have to be out of our current apartment by the following Sunday. I was totally shocked that it happened so quickly. I thought it would take at least until the new year. I am excited to have more space, but I am also sad to be leaving the court that we have lived in for our whole married life. The new apartment is also in a different ward. It is not far away at all. the kids will go to the same school and everything will pretty much be the same. I think that maybe one of the things that is bothering me is that I always thought that when we moved from this apartment it would mean Ryan was done with school and we would be off to a new place and a new adventure. I guess I still have to be patient. I am also a little anxious because I look around the house and just don't know where to start in packing. This has all happened so fast . I thought I would have more time to plan it out. (but I am not much of a planner anyway). Well these are my thoughts on moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Christine, I'm happy for you to have more space, but I'm sad to see you leave the ward. I'd love to help clean and pack or watch your kids so you'll have more time. Whatever would help you the most! I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow!
hooray for more room. where are you moving? Those three bedroom places are sweet but I know how the longing for the 400 court will be.Ohio is still a great place to clive and the housing is cheap and who knows when we will be leaving!
sorry..live not clive. wiggily baby in arms
Post a Comment