Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day Of School

Bridget started second grade today. I am so excited and nervous for her all at the same time. You would think I would be used to this by now, but I still got emotional this morning. I wanted everything to go perfect today. I wanted to take pictures before she left , but I could not find the camera. I was going to make her a special breakfast, but she wanted to eat breakfast at school. Then she missed the bus and I had to drive her. She barely made it on time. Luckily I found some granola bars in the car and made her eat it on the way. (Thanks mom for leaving those in my car). At least she made it and Ryan gave her a fathers blessing last night. That is probably better than a big breakfast. But I will not win the mom of the year award. Abby will start pre-school next week. I hope her first day goes better.

I cannot believe that summer vacation is already over. I remember when I was a kid it seemed to fly by, but I thought when I was an adult I would be happy for school to start again. I actually prefer having them all home, even when they are fighting, than to have them gone so long. Well at least this week they get out at 1:00 everyday. I love my kids so much and hope the best for them this year.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Christine, I love your blog!! It's so cute and I love all the pictures. Your daughters are absolutely adorable!